Malcolm Silander speaking at OBN's HR Special Interest Group (HRSIG) BioTuesday
Malcolm Silander, Managing Partner of Precision BioSearch, is delighted to have been invited to contribute to the discussion of trends and modern best practice in building organisations through meaningful hiring and management practices.
Angela Hobbs, Chair of the HRSIG, will chair the session, and will be joined by a panel of experts who will bring their specialist insight to the topic.
Discussion points will include:
• How to manage a multi-generational team
• What are the major challenges currently facing companies from a people perspective, e.g., hybrid working
• How to build an innovative work culture
• The importance of HR leaders of continuously updating their skills, capabilities, and knowledge of best practices – what is the impact of getting this right and wrong
• What are the management styles and systems for the future – why the old style is no longer effective
• Adopting the new terms: talent not labour, teams and network not hierarchy, collaborators not competitors
• Importance and impact of building a meaningful employee experience
• How HR can support the three main characteristics of future-ready companies: know what they are & what they stand for; operate with speed and simplicity; achieve growth via scaling up their ability to learn and innovate.
About the OBN
OBN is the not-for-profit Membership organisation supporting and bringing together the UK’s life sciences companies, corporate partners and investors. They have a growing network of 400-plus member companies, located across the Golden Triangle and beyond.
Posted on : 26th September 2022